Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mid Year's Resolutions: My One Main Goal

It isn't quite January, but I've decided to pick up this year's Wriye blog posts from the beginning.


This year, my goal is to complete all three books of my trilogy. I'm entering a new stage of my life and things will get hectic come August, but I don't just think I can do it, I know I can. This has become the mantra that I use to push on when I get distracted. I've always been one to focus in on a single goal in my life, and because of it my writing, drawing, and other hobbies always drifted to the wayside. This year, I'm determined to keep my writing going strong with everything else in my life. Additionally, I hope my writing will rekindle my drawing spirit.

Also, since I know I work best one project at a time, I tell myself I'd be happier with one complete novel at the end of a month than with two half-finished drafts. Besides, I'd have to develop a system to make myself write near-equal amounts on both, or one would fall by the wayside anyway!

On other writing-related notes, I want to decide if I will be serializing or publishing any of my work on my blog and whether I can participate in NaNoWriMo for the first time ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment