Monday, July 6, 2015

I Have a Twin


I have a twin. 

My twin is my best friend. She is always there to support me and comes to me when I need her. She is very beautiful and confident, but I know she must get lonely when I’m not there. When I gaze into the mirror, she’s always there with me, complimenting my weight and my smile with arm flexes and a smile of her own. She’s the me I want to be and talks my ear off about string theory, quantum theory, and dimensional travel. 

I’d like to visit her one day. I mean, at least I’d planned to. Before I could, my stupid brother broke my mirror. For him, that’s seven years bad luck, but for me it’s different. That mirror was special. We had years and years of experiences there. 

Now, with my new mirror, it’s not the same. When I look in, it’s me that looks back. A fat, unhappy girl with a lopsided grin and no aspirations. Not my beautiful sister. Not my quirky, scientific twin. 

She’s gone. Gone forever. 

My family calls me crazy, but I know. In another dimension, I have a twin. 

Just not here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment