Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Gettin' My Groove Back

I seem to finally be back in my writing groove.

I've weaned myself from the game I'd found, and sorted out some drama--my problems and others'--but I think the main thing that dampered my writing was trying to change my writing style based on critiques.

Despite writing about it so much and being so aware of the downsides, I still did it. I finally popped out of that and have beautiful normal-length prose again. It's a bit late for me to catch up to my goal for July Camp, but I'm still back on track now.

I also have a flash fiction piece I haven't yet posted. It shows my attempt to completely change my style--I tried omniscient POV and dialogue-run prose with italicized thoughts. The story idea itself received positive reviews. I will decide if I will publish it here soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment